[Fedora-directory-users] nsds5task

James jbushey at soleocommunications.com
Wed Nov 21 21:26:09 UTC 2007

Does anyone know much about the attribute nsds5task under

cn=replica,cn="m-suffix",cn=mapping tree,cn=config ?

I have a system with multiple directory servers using multi-master replication
which has 2 suppliers and 3 dedicated consumers.  The system receives a large
amount of updates in a batch run at night.  The problem I'm experiencing is
that if I point the batch run at one of the 2 suppliers, it runs considerably
slower than the other supplier (30-50%).  The only difference I can find
between these two suppliers (other than some expected differences) is this
one attribute, who's value is set to "CL2LDIF" on the slow server, and the
attribute is not set on the other.

>From the very small amount of information I've found on this attribute, it
appears that it causes the directory server to dump its changelogs.  Should
this attribute be set to "CL2LDIF" on one server constantly, but not be set
at all on the other?  Might this setting be causing one slow server?  If so,
how can I fix this situation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~James