[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora-DS with Xp Clients having Network Mapped drives

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:34:20 UTC 2007

Hi Shea

>From the description, What i understand is you have an FDS and Windows xp
login with pGINA,

I am not much aware of this .  But from your description , what i understand
is when user's login on windows Xp they should get some drives mapped.

if this is the case, if i am not wrong, This is one method to map network
drives using logon script.

a) use samba schema, and create an samba PDC.

b) In samba schema, you have an attribute to provide the logon script to run
, the name of the attribute is :sambaLogonScript
<snip from samba.schema>
attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7165.2.1.34 NAME 'sambaLogonScript'
        DESC 'Logon script path'
        EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15{255} SINGLE-VALUE )
</snip>

c) Create samba member server and join to the samba domain.

d) Create a batch file in Netlogon share.
and create the batch file as below , say xyz.bat, (So each user in fedora
directory server will have an attribute sambaLogonScript, which points to
the user logon script to be run when logon to the domain.) and then create a
logon script as below in samba's (PDC's netlogon share.)

<snip>
@ echo off
net use p: /delete /yes
net use p: \\samba-server\sharename

But the above method needs a samba PDC with FDS as it's backed.

On how to integrate samba with FDS, you can follow the below procedure

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Samba

Regards
Niranjan