[Fedora-directory-users] admin-serv seg faults over and over

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 14:52:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 11:56:14AM +0000, Danny Smith wrote:
> Is the plan to package the static linked nss_ldap separately, and add
> suitable requires/conflicts to the relevant RPMs?  Or is there a better way
> of resolving this longer term?

For now, it looks like that's just how nss_ldap is going to be built.
Again, that is, since it used to be done this way before I switched back
to using shared libraries.

Longer-term, I think nss_ldap's use of an in-process LDAP client library
is a serious problem.  It's not just the LDAP client library, really,
because we can run into similar problems with libraries which the LDAP
client library requires.  We just haven't seen them yet.

Nalin