[Fedora-directory-users] Samba - Fedora DS password update

Alan Orlič Belšak alan.orlic at zd-lj.si
Fri Oct 5 11:56:48 UTC 2007

Hello,

one question, is there a way to update both Samba and LDAP passwords at
same time? I don't know what I'm doing wrong but whatever I do I'm able
to update only Samba password. Because Samba an LDAP are both on same
server I really don't like to install extra SSL/TLS. Here is Samba
config. Also, why I newer get the password chat window as is defined in
Samba?

Alan

Samba config:
[global]
   workgroup = ZDL
   security = user
netbios name=pdc
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://pdc.zd-lj.lan
ldap admin dn = "cn=Directory Manager"
ldap suffix = dc=zd-lj,dc=lan
ldap user suffix = ou=People
ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
ldap group suffix = ou=Groups

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
log level = 2

os level = 66
domain logons = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes

wins support = yes
   idmap uid = 15000-20000
   idmap gid = 15000-20000

passwd program = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-passwd %u
passwd chat = *old*password* %o\n *new*password* %n\n *new*password*
%n\n *changed*
#passwd chat timeout = 2
ldap passwd sync = no
password server = PDC