[Fedora-directory-users] problem with SSL and load balance

Victor Hugo dos Santos listas.vhs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 19:58:48 UTC 2007

2007/10/5, Victor Hugo dos Santos <listas.vhs at gmail.com>:
> 2007/10/3, Enrico M. V. Fasanelli <Enrico.M.V.Fasanelli at le.infn.it>:
> > Hi Victor,

[...]

> openssl genrsa -out slapd-fds2-key3.db 2048
> openssl req -new -key slapd-fds2-key3.db -out vhs.csr -subj
> 'CN=fds.multi.com/subjectAltName=DNS:fds.multi.com/subjectAltName=DNS:fds2.multi.com'
>
> and work fine... i get one certificate request with all fields and
> send for my CA (cacert.org)  and I receive the certificate signed with
> all fields, but i dont how install it for CLI !!! for the wizard I
> receive one other error "this key not found - this certificate is
> generate in the server ???"
>
> any solution ???

ok.. ok..

two coffees and one minutes of relax... I re-read the manual of certutil
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/tools/certutil.html

and run this commands:

certutil -R -d . -P slapd-fds2- -s CN=fds2.multi.com -o cert.req -a -8
fds.multi.com,fds2.multi.com,ldap.multi.com

I send the cert.req file for cacert.org and I receive the signed
certificate signed and work fine !!!:-)

my problem(s) is:

- unknown the function of option  "-p", where "slapd-fds2-" is the
name of instance

- the option "-8".. I think that the others names (fds.multi.com,
fds2.multi.com, ldap.multi.com) they went in the subject (option -s)..
but no !!! this parameters went for separate.. and is the principal
problem (for my).

bye

Victor Hugo dos Santos
Linux Counter #224399