[Fedora-directory-users] gentoo and web console

Kirill Petrov Kirill.Petrov at farheap.com
Wed Oct 24 23:46:29 UTC 2007

Hello everybody,

I installed FDS on Gentoo 2007.0 using the instructions provided at this
url:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_Fedora_Directory_Server

I did everything according to the manual except that I installed apache
2.2.6 and had to modify httpd.conf to load cgid module instead of cgi
module.

In general everything seems to work but when I tried to use the web
console  Fedora Administration Express
<http://ld.farheap.com:46406/admin-serv/tasks/configuration/HTMLAdmin?op=index>
it gave me a blank screen with a message:
NMC_Status: 1 NMC_ErrType: NMC_ErrInfo: NMC_ErrDetail:

The organization charts functionality does not work either, it gives me:

  Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

The logs have the following records:

Can't load '/opt/fedora-ds/lib/perl/arch/auto/Mozilla/LDAP/API/API.so'
for module Mozilla::LDAP::API: libssl3.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or di\
rectory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at /opt/fedora-ds/lib/perl/Mozilla/LDAP/Utils.pm line 32
Compilation failed in require at
/opt/fedora-ds/lib/perl/Mozilla/LDAP/Utils.pm line 32.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/opt/fedora-ds/lib/perl/Mozilla/LDAP/Utils.pm line 32.
Compilation failed in require at
/opt/fedora-ds/lib/perl/Mozilla/LDAP/Conn.pm line 36.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/opt/fedora-ds/lib/perl/Mozilla/LDAP/Conn.pm line 36.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/fedora-ds/clients/orgchart/bin/org
line 79.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/opt/fedora-ds/clients/orgchart/bin/org line 79.
[Wed Oct 24 08:15:01 2007] [error] [client 192.168.11.10] Premature end
of script headers: org, referer:
http://ld:46406/clients/orgchart/html/topframe.\
html

Does anybody know how to install Fedora Directory Server properly on Gentoo?

thanks,

Kirill