[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Server with multiple Directory servers

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 22:01:48 UTC 2007

matt wells wrote:
> Yes the 4 consoles.
When you run setup, use Typical (not Express) mode, and tell it that you
want to use an existing configuration DS.  That will register your new
server with the config DS, which is usually the first one you install.
> Since we use SSL we have to restart the servers from shell anyway.
You can create a pin file for unattended server start.  In the
/opt/fedora-ds/alias directory, create a file named
slapd-instancename-pin.txt
The format of this file should be the following:
Internal (Software) Token:thepassword

Make sure this file is mode 0400 and owned by the server user id.