[Fedora-directory-users] Re: FDS and Active directory Sync

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 01:23:51 UTC 2008

Vipul Ramani wrote:
> Rich ,
>
> Do really need CA certification on ADC server to enable SSL on ADC ...
> is not possible way to work out we can install self signed certified
> which was signed my FDS ( linux server ) and we can install in to ADC
> and make it SSL enable ??
I'm not sure.  Firstly, there is
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:WindowsSync

In order for AD to be an SSL server, you have to generate a server cert
from a CA or CA cert.  I don't know much about this part.  The easiest
way is probably to use MS Cert Server to issue the AD SSL server cert.
If you do that, you'll also have to get the CA cert because you must
install that CA cert in the Fedora DS cert db.  In Windows sync (except
for the password part), Fedora DS is the client side of SSL, so it must
have the CA cert of the CA that issued the AD server cert.
For passsync, passsync is the client side of of SSL, so it must have the
CA cert of the CA that issued the Fedora DS SSL server cert.