[Fedora-directory-users] Business Case: Advantage Opensource Directory VS Active Directory

cobra at cobradevil.org cobra at cobradevil.org
Mon Aug 18 14:09:22 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have a question why i should use an opensource directory server for my
opensource activities!

I work for a large company! 70k users

We have a large MS Windows based infrastructure win2k3 with winxp
workstations.

For our open source servers and workstations we thought to get an
Opensource Directory server because of the specific options that Active
Directory cannot deliver.

But now i get a lot of people who say that active directory can do all of it!

Can someone help me with getting the right arguments so i have a valid
reason to create an opensource directory server?

The things i wanna administer are:
Sudoldap
Freeipa based authentication/dns
application management