[Fedora-directory-users] SSL communication between AD and DS

Mister Anonyme benetage at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 17:14:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

This is driving me crazy....

I'm trying to setup a SSL communication between Directory Server and AD.

Without SSL, the synchronization works very well, I can see all user accounts in DS, but I need SSL to be able to synchronize the passwords as well.

So, here what I did:

On AD, I opened IE on this following address:

http://localhost/certsrv/

I requested a new certificate and installed it.  I can see the new certificate in MMC console, in Certificate->Personal->Certificates.

After, I exported the CA Certificate from DS like this:

pk12util -d . -o CAcert.pfx -n CAcert

I transfered the file to AD and imported it right here:

MMC Console->Certificate->Trusted Root Certification Authorites->Certificates

Then, I exported the CA Certificate (from AD) from the same directory as above and imported in DS with the DS Console (section Manage Certificates->CA Certs)

I tested the communication by doing this:

/usr/lib/mozldap6/ldapsearch -Z -P /etc/dirsrv/slapd-myinst/cert8.db -h 1.1.1.1 -p 636 -D "cn=Windows Sync,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=local" -w _PASS_ -s sub -b "ou=users,dc=domain,dc=local" "(objectClass=*)"

Work well, I have a listing of user accounts.

Then, I re-created a new Windows Sync agreement (with SSL and port 636) and I'm always getting this following error:

The consumer initialization has unsuccessfully completed.
The error received by the replica is: 48 - LDAP error: Inappropriate authentication

Thank you for your help in advance.