[Fedora-directory-users] questions about 2 node multi-master setup

Luke Schierer luke-fds at schierer.org
Fri Aug 29 19:06:04 UTC 2008

Hi,
I just set up Fedora Directory Server on two nodes, and have set up
multi-master replication between them following the directions at
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:WalkthroughMultimasterSSL

It seems to mostly work, but I have a few questions.

1)After initializing nodeB and restarting nodesA and B, I can no
longer connect to nodeB with the Console application.  If I type in
its hostname, it connects, but I can only open up the slapd directory
if nodeA is up.  I can continue to log into nodes authenticating
against the pair, and I can use the command line utities to connect to
nodeB.  Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

2)if I change a password (using the passwd command on a client) while
nodeA is down, or add a user with ldapmodify while nodeA is down, the
change does not seem to replicate back to nodeA after it comes back
up.  Do I have to force an initialization in such cases?

Thanks,
Luke