[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP User mngmt & console

Zach Casper zach.casper at envieta.com
Mon Dec 1 16:14:07 UTC 2008

I'm using the default installation of dirsrv within my Dogtag/ESC/Coolkey on
Fedora 8.

My goal is to simply set up a testing environment so that I may test my
Coolkey applet installation on smart cards.

The documentation seems to be a bit all-over-the-place. I used the "yum
install fedora-ds" command to install the LDAP server for Dogtag but I do
not have the console installed. I've looked in /usr/bin for fedora-idm.
Nothing.

I tried to install fedora-idm-console but the package is stated not to
exist.

How can I manage (add/delete) users in the LDAP directory so that I can
format my smart cards?

Upon using the ESC is asks me to log into the LDAP dir srvr and I am unable
to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been dealing w/ this issue for
a few days now.

--

Zach Casper

Envieta LLC