[Fedora-directory-users] MMR over SSL

James Chavez james.chavez at sanmina-sci.com
Mon Dec 8 03:24:00 UTC 2008

George,
I have the clients Solaris 8 and 10, Suse, and Fedora connecting over
SSL properly to my FDS server using TLS:simple. Works great thank you.

For MMR over SSL I have read the FDS Walkthrough MultimasterSSL. I want
to use simple authentication over SSL for MMR.
I still have a few questions.

For the secondary MMR server running Fedora Core 9 do I use the Mozilla
certutil tool to create the certificate database or is it necessary?

Do I need to import the CA cert with certutil or openssl?

And I believe I must generate the server certificate for this second MMR
server on the root CA correct? And from there export it from the root CA
and import it on the second server. Where do I import that certificate
into? /etc/openldap/cacerts or /etc/dirsrv/slapd-hostname?

Thank you
James