[Fedora-directory-users] Error starting SSL enabled Admin-Server Segmentation fault (11)

James Chavez james.chavez at sanmina-sci.com
Tue Dec 9 21:59:07 UTC 2008

Hello,
I have 2 servers running FDS.
I have setup My directory servers to use SSL for the directory server
and Admin server. For my problem server I generated both the directory
server cert and admin server cert on  the directory server acting as the
CA. I exported the Server-Cert2, server-cert2 in .p12 format and I
imported them as well as the CA cert into both the admin server and
directory server. I am able to establish SSL client sessions to the
directory server but I cannot login to the admin server through the
GUI.
I was able to login fine before enabling SSL...Unlike on this server,
the server acting as the root CA everything works fine.

I get the following error at the GUI login screen.
 authenticating User ID "cn=Directory Manager"
java.io.InterruptedIOException: HTTP response timeout

In the error log I have this. The directory server that I can log into I
get the same messages but not the segmentation fault.

[notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[notice] Access Host filter is: *.fedora
[notice] Access Address filter is: *
[notice] Access Host filter is: *.fedora
[notice] Access Address filter is: *
[error] SSL_InheritMPServerSIDCache failed
[error] SSL Library Error: -8191 Library Failure
[notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) configured -- resuming normal operations
[notice] child pid 3284 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Here are my Cert data bases

[root at scooby ~]# certutil -L -d /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/

Certificate Nickname                                         Trust
Attributes

SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

CA certificate                                               CT,,
server-cert2                                                 u,u,u
[root at scooby ~]# certutil -L -d /etc/dirsrv/slapd-scooby/

Certificate Nickname                                         Trust
Attributes

SSL,S/MIME,JAR/XPI

CA certificate                                               CT,,
Server-Cert2                                                 u,u,u

Any ideas.

Thanks
James

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any prints thereof.
ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS E-MAIL IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING.  Notwithstanding the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law of similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the contrary hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any attachments hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the sender, Sanmina-SCI Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or any other person or entity.