[Fedora-directory-users] AD Password Sync Question

Christopher Barry christopher.barry at qlogic.com
Fri Dec 12 17:39:59 UTC 2008

Greetings,

After reading chapter 19 of the RH docs about AD integration, I have a question regarding the 'lifetime' and locality of the plaintext password, and how this actually gets captured and sync'd.

In a multi-site AD Enterprise, with a lot of DCs, would the password sync service need to run on every DC, with a partnership to the one master master Directory Server? I'm wondering how if a user in Texas changes their password, it gets placed into the Directory Server Master in Pennsylvania.

Thanks,
-C