[Fedora-directory-users] heimdal and fds 1.1

Jonathan Barber j.barber at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Feb 1 09:33:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 11:20:08PM -0800, Doug Chapman wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a wiki/doc on using fds and kerberos where the db is
> in the directory?  (or maybe talk me out of this approach?)
>

> These steps are for openldap, but after much googling, I can't find a faq,
> or ready made schema file to try and wrestle this three headed dog into
> submission...
>
> http://www.h5l.org/manual/heimdal-1-1-branch/info/heimdal.html#Using-LDAP-to-store-the-database

MIT kerberos (krb5-1.6.3) will also work with an LDAP backend, the MIT
docs are targeted towards openldap, but I've had it working with FDS in
development.

However, you'll need the FreeIPA password exop plugin to keep your
kerberos/samba/ldap password's syncronized.

> tia

Jonathan Barber
High Performance Computing Analyst
Tel. +44 (0) 1382 386389