[Fedora-directory-users] Migrating the NIS Database into Fedora DS ???

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logicacmg.com
Fri Feb 1 13:58:49 UTC 2008

I have configured Fedora DS with SSL on RHEL 4.0 machine. I tried to
migrate the NIS Databases to LDIF format running the migration script.

The migrate_passwd.pl and migrate_netgroup.pl ran successfully and I can
even import them into the Fedora DS database through fedora DS Console.

But when I tried to import the group.ldif file into the fedora DS it
showed the following error:

Few of the Output:

cn=fmaster,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com: Error adding object 'dn:
cn=fmaster,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com'.  The error sent by the
server was 'No such object'.  The object is: LDAPEntry:
cn=fmaster,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com; LDAPAttributeSet:
LDAPAttribute {type='gidnumber', values='501'} LDAPAttribute
{type='userpassword', values='{crypt}!'} LDAPAttribute
{type='objectclass', values='posixGroup,top'} LDAPAttribute {type='cn',
values='fmaster'}.

cn=manish,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com: Error adding object 'dn:
cn=manish,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com'.  The error sent by the
server was 'No such object'.  The object is: LDAPEntry:
cn=manish,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com; LDAPAttributeSet:
LDAPAttribute {type='gidnumber', values='502'} LDAPAttribute
{type='userpassword', values='{crypt}!'} LDAPAttribute
{type='objectclass', values='posixGroup,top'} LDAPAttribute {type='cn',
values='manish'}.

File : /etc/group:

fmaster:!:501:

manish:!:502:

noorie:!:503:

osharma:!:504:

fmister:!:505:

test:!:506:

tester:!:507:

karim:!:508:

chirag:!:509:

fedorauser:x:510:

ntop:x:101:

nagios:x:512:

nagcmd:x:513:nagios,apache

mysql:x:102:

purushottam:x:514:

sijo:x:515:

fdsuser:x:516:

project:x:517:

fmast:x:518:

ldap:x:519:

File: /tmp/group.ldif

dn: cn=fmaster,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com

objectClass: posixGroup

objectClass: top

cn: fmaster

userPassword: {crypt}!

gidNumber: 501

dn: cn=manish,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com

objectClass: posixGroup

objectClass: top

cn: manish

userPassword: {crypt}!

gidNumber: 502

Any idea why it is showing the error????