[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora IDM Console???

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 14:18:19 UTC 2008

Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> I have Fedora DS running on RHEL 4.0 System. I want to install Fedora
> IDM Console on Windows Xp. I have j2sdk-1_4_2_13-nb-5_0-win-ml package
> installed on my Win Box.
>

> The Environmental Variable include :
>

> Variable Name  :  JAVA_HOME
>
> Variable Value  :  C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin
>

> System Variable
>

> Variable Name  :  Path
>
> Variable Value   :  C:\Program
> Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;
>

> Now whenever I click on installed Fedora DS Icon it says:
>

> C:\Program Files\Fedora Identity Management Console>echo Off
>
> The Java Runtime Environment is installed on this machine,but the
> command java.exe is not in your PATH.You can either make sure java.exe
> is in your path or edit this script to set JAVA to the full path of
> java.exe
>
> Press any key to continue
>

> The batch file include :
>

> echo off
>
> rem BEGIN COPYRIGHT BLOCK
>
> rem Copyright (C) 2005 Red Hat, Inc.
>
> rem All rights reserved.
>
> rem
>
> rem This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
>
> rem modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
>
> rem License as published by the Free Software Foundation version
>
> rem 2.1 of the License.
>
> rem
>

> rem This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
>
> rem but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
>
> rem MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
>
> rem Lesser General Public License for more details.
>
> rem
>

> rem You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
>
> rem License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
>
> rem Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
> 02110-1301  USA
>
> rem END COPYRIGHT BLOCK
>

> rem set the JAVA to use here
>
> rem set JAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin
>

> if not "%JAVA%foo"=="foo" goto launch
>

> where java > nul 2>&1 || goto findjre

This is the problem - there is no "where" command on XP (only on the
Windows Server editions).  Just edit the batch file to remove the where
and it should be fine.  If that still doesn't work, uncomment (rem means
"comment" - it's like a # in a shell script) the line that sets the JAVA
and hard code it to the full path and file name of your java.exe.