[Fedora-directory-users] where is password sync for rhds

Aaron Oas AOas at redbrickhealth.com
Thu Feb 7 03:59:06 UTC 2008

> I think you can just use
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Download the latest
PassSync.msi
> here.  If you're already using it, you shouldn't have to do anything.

> This is dated 20060330 which was well after the 7.1 release.  I
suppose
> this is one of those times where the Red Hat docs can trip you up if
you
> are a Fedora DS user.

# rpm -q --whatprovides /opt/redhat-ds/winsync/PassSync.msi
redhat-ds-7.1SP3-5.RHEL4
# md5sum /opt/redhat-ds/winsync/PassSync.msi
54c33a6e665bb2526f1f286e505cc0ff  /opt/redhat-ds/winsync/PassSync.msi

The one we installed when setting up RHDS 7.1SP3 has the same md5sum as
the latest one on the FDS download site.  I assume PassSync.msi in RHDS
7.1 was updated to current as part of one of the service packs to RHDS
7.1.

That seems to be in alignment with the verbiage "if 7.1 is upgraded to a
*service pack* [emphasis added] or 8.0" that I found in the 8.0
documentation -- i.e. if you had a non-service-pack 7.1 and upgraded to
a 7.1SP version, you also needed to upgrade the PassSync.msi on the AD
server.

Well, it continues to seem odd that Red Hat is not supplying the
PassSync.msi anywhere in the RHDS 8.0 packages.  Where would a new
customer implementing RHDS 8.0 expect to find PassSync.msi?

On the other hand, it looks like I'm current.  If I hear back from my
Red Hat support ticket to the contrary, I'll reply to this in case
anyone else was dying to know the answer.

Thanks, Rich!

- Aaron Oas