[Fedora-directory-users] Managing NIS Servers into LDAP?

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logicacmg.com
Fri Feb 8 09:19:27 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

I have a fedora DS running on RHEL 4.0.I have 3 NIS Servers - Jupiter,
Saturn and Pluto. Each one of them has around 300 users.The users in
Jupiter should not have access rights for  other Servers. Let me tell
you about my attempt and where I am facing problem at:

I have migrated all the NIS to Fedora DS through migrate.pl scripts. Now
when I use Fedora DS Console it asks for just /tmp/passwd.ldif file and
doesn't talk about People/Special Group/Group. All I can see in
Directory Server > Directory(TAB) > Click on im > People where I see all
the users get updated to.

What My Plan is to create three sub-division of People -  Jupr, Satn and
Plo and restrict one another from accessing the other unrelated
projects.

Can I know what can help me to particularly migrate the  Jupiter NIS
Users strictly to Jupr and vice versa

Pls Help.