[Fedora-directory-users] getent passwd not displaying???

Niranjan M.R niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:46:23 UTC 2008

Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have been using the Fedora DS Console for adding users under
> ou=People, dc=csse, dc=edu, dc=com. Now I have two projects : SMS and
> Payment.
>
> Under the two project I have group of Users. Now  what I did is I
> created ou=SMS, dc=csse,  dc=edu, dc=com and ou
> =Payment,dc=csse,dc=edu,dc=com.
>
> Now when I am trying # getent passwd <user added under Payment> it is
> not working.
>
> Can anyone please help me with this. Also. I want is NOT TO give
> access rights for one project user to access the other one .

If you are adding user's under ou=People, dc=csse, dc=edu, dc=com. , and
then creating user's also in ou=sms, dc=csse,  dc=edu, dc=com and ou
=Payment,dc=csse,dc=edu,dc=com.

You should probably create ou=sms and ou=Payment under ou=people,

For example you should create some thing like this
ou=People, ou=SMS, dc=csse,  dc=edu, dc=com
ou=People,ou=Payment,dc=csse,dc=edu,dc=com.

And then your /etc/ldap.conf should have
nss_base_passwd        ou=People,dc=dc=csse,  dc=edu, dc=com?sub

Or if you want the user's of Ou=People,ou=Payment should only be able to
login

then your /etc/ldap.conf should be
nss_base_passwd        ou=People,ou=Payment,dc=dc=csse,  dc=edu, dc=com?one

Regards
Niranjan