[Fedora-directory-users] getent passwd not displaying???

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logicacmg.com
Mon Feb 11 12:37:23 UTC 2008

Let me Elaborate what I want to ask you.

Say, I have 2 project under People directory structure -  1. DICE and 2.
IM.

Under ----DICE I have two users - Vinod and Sapna and

Under -----IM two users - shamim and Shreepath

Now What I did is I right clicked on DICE. >  Set Access Permission >
New > Named ACI as "Access Control" > Added user "Shamim" from IM(Coz I
don't want him to access DICE project) > Rights(I dint selected
any-completely unticked) > Target (Target Directory Entry-->Same entry
(ou=DICE,ou=People,dc=csse,dc=edu,dc=com)

>  Host = 10.14.242.93 > time(Left unaltered)

The rule which was constructed :

(targetattr = "*") (target = "ldap:///ou=DICE,ou=People,
dc=csse,dc=edu,dc=com") (version 3.0;acl "Acess rights for these
users";deny (all)(userdn = "ldap:///uid=shamim,ou=IM,ou=People,
dc=csse,dc=edu,dc=com") and (ip="10.14.242.93");)

Now It means that if it work fine...If I login as Shamim in 10.14.242.93
it should not be able to throw any output as I run:

$pwd

/home/shamim

$getent passwd Vinod

An I right??????if not then what is the correct way to implement this???