[Fedora-directory-users] Console issue

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 17:17:41 UTC 2008

Anand Vaddarapu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to access console from another computer but same network.
> I am receiving following error " Can not connect to the Directory
> Server "ldap://localhost.localdomain:389", LDAP error: failed to
> connect to server ldap://localhost.localdomain:389.
>
> would you like to attempt to restart the Directory Server?
>
> I installed FDS with default "localhost.localdomain". later i changed
> the hostname.
Herein lies the problem.  The hostname that you provide during setup is
written in many different places in config files and in configuration
entries under o=NetscapeRoot in the configuration directory server and
under cn=config in each local directory server.  So you will have to
change all of these if you really want to change your hostname.  Or just
start over.