[Fedora-directory-users] 'mailHost' not allowed during the NIS Migration ????

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logicacmg.com
Fri Feb 15 06:31:09 UTC 2008

I migrated my # ypcat passwd > /tmp/passwd.ldif  through the perl script
and I had few entry of the same as below pasted:

dn: uid=apache,ou=People,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com

uid: apache

cn: Apache

sn: Apache

mail: apache at logica.com

mailRoutingAddress: apache at mail.logica.com

mailHost: mail.logica.com

objectClass: person

objectClass: organizationalPerson

objectClass: inetOrgPerson

objectClass: posixAccount

objectClass: top

objectClass: shadowAccount

userPassword: {crypt}!!

shadowLastChange: 13801

shadowMax: 99999

shadowWarning: 7

loginShell: /sbin/nologin

uidNumber: 48

gidNumber: 48

homeDirectory: /var/www

gecos: Apache

When I am trying to import into the databases it is throwing error as
below:

uid=apache,ou=People,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com: Error adding object 'dn:
uid=apache,ou=People,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com'.  The error sent by the
server was 'Object class violation. attribute "mailHost" not allowed

'.  The object is: LDAPEntry:
uid=apache,ou=People,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com; LDAPAttributeSet:
LDAPAttribute {type='sn', values='Apache'} LDAPAttribute
{type='loginshell', values='/sbin/nologin'} LDAPAttribute
{type='userpassword', values='{crypt}!!'} LDAPAttribute
{type='gidnumber', values='48'} LDAPAttribute {type='uidnumber',
values='48'} LDAPAttribute {type='mail', values='apache at logica.com'}
LDAPAttribute {type='shadowmax', values='99999'} LDAPAttribute
{type='objectclass',
values='person,organizationalPerson,inetOrgPerson,posixAccount,top,shado
wAccount'} LDAPAttribute {type='uid', values='apache'} LDAPAttribute
{type='gecos', values='Apache'} LDAPAttribute {type='shadowlastchange',
values='13801'} LDAPAttribute {type='mailhost',
values='mail.logica.com'} LDAPAttribute {type='mailroutingaddress',
values='apache at mail.logica.com'} LDAPAttribute {type='cn',
values='Apache'} LDAPAttribute {type='homedirectory', values='/var/www'}
LDAPAttribute {type='shadowwarning', values='7'}.

Now when I am deleting these lines:

mail: apache at logica.com

mailRoutingAddress: apache at mail.logica.com

It seems to work.

Any idea how I should configure my DS to stop these errors.

Pls Help