[Fedora-directory-users] Multiple masters and Round Robin DNS

Doug Chapman prjctgeek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 19:50:48 UTC 2008

After setting up 2 servers with multi-master replication, I added them both
to a DNS record so users will go to either server.

Both servers are replicating the NetscapeRoot DB to each other.  I made a
schema change to one and restarted it- only to see it hang.  I waited some
15minutes, and then discovered with netstat that it had a bunch of open ldap
connections to itself, which weren't timing out or going away.

After I removed the IP from DNS (disabled round robin dns) for the server I
was trying to shutdown , the server shutdown right away.

I'm guessing somewhere there's a configuration that needs to be pointed to
the other master server?

How are others doing load balancing/fail over ?

tia