[Fedora-directory-users] About Netgroup??

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logicacmg.com
Mon Feb 18 11:23:52 UTC 2008

Hi Rich,

I have followed the doc Howto: Netgroup and just for testing created
netgroup.ldif for two entries:

dn: cn=QASystems,ou=netgroups,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com

objectClass: nisNetgroup

objectClass: top

cn: QASystems

nisNetgroupTriple: (BL60ACLS,,im.logica.com)

nisNetgroupTriple: (pem,,im.logica.com)

dn: cn=QAUsers,ou=netgroups,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com

objectClass: nisNetgroup

objectClass: top

cn: QAUsers

nisNetgroupTriple: (,bobby,im.logica.com)

nisNetgroupTriple: (,joey,,im.logica.com)

I did imported into Fedora DS.Now I have few queries.

1.	Joey and Bobby  : Should I have to create these users ?
2.	Are these LDAP users which author is talking about?
3.	When I click on netgroup in console it shows no users (same as
ou=People).I can only browse through #getent netgroup QAUSers and it
works then only.
4.	I followed access.netgroup.conf entry as :

                + :  @QaUsers@@QASystems: 10.

     But Wonder what is this all about

Pls Help me with this.