[Fedora-directory-users] notes on building fds in etch and a failed build question

Ryan Braun Ryan.Braun at ec.gc.ca
Tue Feb 26 21:39:16 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 5:05 pm, Rich Megginson wrote:
> > So that being said,  is there an easy way to
> > use FC jars,  or do I need to build them for debian?  (I have started
> > trying to build jss but am having some issues)
>
> Yes.  Just grab them from /usr/share/dirsrv/html/java.  I suggest using
> tar or another program to preserve the symlinks - but no big deal as the
> jar files are small if you use cp and get redundant copies.  The jar
> files are platform independent.

I am getting an error with my built jar files.  I connect up fine (bind with
cn=Directory Manager).  When I start expanding the tree, and click on the +
sign next to Server Group.  It throws an error

Failed to instantiate Server Object for Administration server

com.netscape.management.admserv.AdminServer cannot be cast to
com.netscape.management.client.topology.IServerObject

I click ok,  and a slightly different error comes up

Failed to instantiate Server Object for Directory Server

com.netscape.admin.dirserv.DSAdmin cannot be cast to
com.netscape.management.client.topology.IServerObject

If I click on the directory server under server group,  it says This server
component has not been downloaded or it could not be activated.  I can see
they were downloaded to C:\Documents and
Settings\bullpen\.fedora-idm-console\jars.

I ran the console with a -D 9 and have the output up on pastbin

http://www.pastebin.org/21380

Looks like the errors are around line 475, 860 and 890.

I also have the build process I used when making the java components up on
pastebin aswell.

http://www.pastebin.org/21394

The windows console will work fine if I delete the downloaded jars from
windows.  And then copy over fc8 supplied jars
into /opt/dirsrv/share/dirsrv/html/java ( and symlink them after).  So
something in the build process is breaking my jars I guess :)

Ryan