[Fedora-directory-users] Centos5 does not install

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 14:25:03 UTC 2008

Maurizio Marini wrote:
> On Mon June 18 2007, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Maurizio Marini wrote:
>>> As stated clearly here:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/fedora-directory-users@redhat.com/msg02579.ht
>>> ml
>>>
>>> linux distro should be support apache 2.0 not 2.2
>>>
>>> 	m.
>> I'm not sure what you mean. The e-mail you are referring to discussed
>> the change of Apache versions between Fedora Core 4 and 5. A similar
>> thing happened between RHEL 4 and 5 (though the release numbers is just
>> a coincidence).
>>
>> The directory server uses the version of Apache that comes by default
>> with the distribution. So in the case of RHEL 4 and Fedore Core 4 this
>> was Apache 2.0.x. For Fedora Core 5+ and RHEL 5 this is Apache 2.2.x.
>>
>> rob
>
> i mean this:
> if you try to install fedora-ds into Centos5, you get this error:
>
> httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 151
> of /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot
> load /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into server: /op
> t/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: undefined symbol:
> apr_filename_of_pathname
>
> if you google for this exact error, you wilfind that:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/fedora-directory-users@redhat.com/msg02579.html
>
> so, fedora-ds 1.0.4 needs apache 2.0
>
> if u install it onto a distro shipping apache 2.2 u will get the infamous:
> httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 151
>
> this is frustrating, but it's so.

The *binary* of Fedora DS 1.0.4 you are using requires Apache 2.0.
Fedora DS 1.0.4 can work with Apache 2.2 but the modules need to be
built against the right version of Apache, as I said previously. The
Fedora Core 6 fedora-ds-1.0.4 package should work fine on CentOS 5.

You'd have similar problems if you took any other Apache modules from
RHEL 4 and tried them in CentOS 5.

rob