[Fedora-directory-users] temporary resource unavailable problem with fedora directory server

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Feb 29 18:32:49 UTC 2008

M Vallapan wrote:
> Thanks ! the settings you mentioned work, but only for some time then
> the problem arises again. then I have to manually restart fedora-ds to
> break off all the idle sessions for it to be okay again for a little
> while. How do I go about this ?

First, figure out what the clients are which are grabbing all of the
available connections and not letting them go . . .

The server does not close idle connections until some other connection
is made.  So you could use ldapsearch to write a script that "pings" the
server every few minutes to force it to close idle connections.