[Fedora-directory-users] Setting up 1.0.4-1 x86_64 on RHES5 64-bit

Jazcek Braden jazcek at scs.fsu.edu
Wed Jan 2 19:55:15 UTC 2008

Well all that stuff is done via the setup script, those files are copied
from your install of apache which is hopefully already installed and
your specified correctly the location when asked.  If not try
reinstalling apache and then rerunning the setup script
(/opt/fedora-ds/setup/setup) and specifying the location to the apache
files.

-- Jazcek
Ken Marsh wrote:
> Jazcek,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> The sed I ended up with is:
>
> cd /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config
> sed 's#%%%module_dir%%%#/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv#'
> httpd.conf.unconfigured > httpd.conf
>
> This fixed the httpd.conf file, but I still don't have any http server
> modules. This is the start-admin error now:
>
> httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 128 of
> /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot load
> /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/modules/mod_access.so into server:
> /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/modules/mod_access.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> Indeed the modules directory is still empty. I did an rpm2cpio on the
> fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.FC6.x86_64.opt.rpm file, and there is no mod_access.so
> file (or other apache modules) inside. Is this an oversight, or are they
> generated during install and that part of the rpm failed, or am I
> supposed to acquire them elsewhere?rp
>
> Thanks,
> Ken.

Jazcek Braden