[Fedora-directory-users] Admin server startup errors 1.0.4-1 on RHEWS3

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 22:14:21 UTC 2008

Raj Seenivasan wrote:
> I have a similar problem with the migration from 1.0.4 to 1.1
> Please HELP!
>
> Below are the steps I followed and the error msgs.
>
> After doing "yum install fedora-ds" ran the migration script.
>
> *[root at ldap log]# migrate-ds.pl -f /tmp/diradm.inf *
> <snip>
Right.  migrate-ds.pl will migrate the directory servers only.  Not any
of the console or admin server information.
> I tried to run the migarte-ds-admin after doing migrate-ds and below
> is the error.
>
> *[root at ldap /]# migrate-ds-admin.pl -f /tmp/diradm.inf *
> Beginning migration of Directory and Administration servers from
> /opt/fedora-ds . . .
> Beginning migration of directory server instances in /opt/fedora-ds . . .
> The target directory server instance already exists at
> /etc/dirsrv/slapd-ldap/dse.ldif.  Skipping migration.  Note that if
> you want to migrate the old instance you will have to first remove the
> new one of the same name.
>
> Beginning migration of Administration server from /opt/fedora-ds . . .
> Creating Admin Server files and directories . . .
> The server 'ldaps://ldap.test.com:636/o=NetscapeRoot' is not
> reachable.  Error: unknown error
>
> Exiting . . .
> Log file is '/tmp/migraterXVtnt.log'
>

> *[root at ldap /]# cat /var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv/error *
> [Thu Jan 10 16:15:18 2008] [crit] mod_admserv_post_config(): unable to
> create AdmldapInfo
> Configuration Failed
>
> *Also tried to run migrate-ds-admin.pl after a fresh install of 1.1
> without executing migrate-ds.pl and the same error showed up.*
>
> Please note that I don't have any issues starting/stopping my old
> instance of fedora-ds and my old instance was completely stopped while
> performing the above steps.
Take a look at your directory server access log -
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-ldap/access - do you see any SSL connection
attempts from around the time of the "The server
'ldaps://ldap.test.com:636/o=NetscapeRoot' is not reachable.  Error:
unknown error" message?

ls -al /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv

/usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -h ldap.test.com -p 636 -Z -P
/etc/dirsrv/admin-serv -s base -b "" "objectclass=*"