[Fedora-directory-users] NT new user sync without management console

Jason Solan jsolan at knouse.com
Tue Jan 22 22:28:31 UTC 2008

Hello,
  I'm using FDS 1.0.4-1 on fedora 7.  This is syncing to an Active
Directory server on Windows Server 2003.  Everything is working pretty
well as far as passwords/attributes syncing back and forth.  If I create
a new user in AD, everything comes across as expected. If I create a
user in FDS using the Fedora Management Console, add the ntuserdomainid
and set ntusercreatenewaccount to true, then the new user is also
created in AD and everything is peachy.

Unfortunately now I'm trying to add users through a perl/php script.  If
I set the exact same attributes that I'm setting through the Management
Console, I get this error in the logs:
windows_replay_update: Cannot replay add operation.

The only nt attributes I'm setting are ntuserdomainid and
ntusercreatenewaccount (along with the ntuser objectclass).  The user is
created fine in FDS and has the NT attributes checked if I look at it
through the management console.  The user is _not_ created in AD
however.

Is there something I'm missing?  Is there another attribute I need to
send?  Is there a 'hidden' script that the management console calls to
create an AD user?
Any help would be appreciated.

IMPORTANT:
This transmission is sent on behalf of Knouse Foods for business
purposes.  It is for the intended recipient only.  If you are not the intended
recipient or a person responsible for delivering this transmission to
the intended recipient, you may not disclose, copy or distribute this
transmission or take any action in reliance on it.  If you received this
transmission in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this
Email message, and please dispose of and delete this transmission.
Thank you.