[Fedora-directory-users] Saslauthd Authentication Issues

Jared B. Griffith jared.griffith at farheap.com
Thu Jan 24 00:39:08 UTC 2008

I am trying to see if I can't get an existing Cyrus Imap server to authenticate against our directory server. The people at cyrus recommend the followng configuration in saslauthd.conf
ldap_servers:     ldap://your.ldap-host.tld
ldap_version:     3
ldap_timeout:     10
ldap_time_limit:  10
ldap_search_base: o=what-ever-you-may-have,dc=your-domain,dc=tld
ldap_bind_dn:     cn=your-ldap-admin-name,dc=your-domain,dc=tld
ldap_password:    your-ldap-admin-password
ldap_scope:       sub
ldap_uidattr:     the-attribute-name-in-which-you-store-usernames, es: uid
ldap_filter_mode: yes
ldap_filter:      (uid=%u%R)
This doesn't work, I have tried different variations of this and have had no luck. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this and what sort of tricks (if any) they did to get this to work properly.
Are there any docs out there that I am missing?
Any help would be appreciated.