[Fedora-directory-users] Why there is no rpm for 1.1.1?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jul 1 15:22:37 UTC 2008

DANIEL CRISTIAN CRUZ wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I asked a week ago about the missing packages. Why there is no package
> there yet?
>
> I got a server dying at random, and said to my sponsors that a project
> from Redhat would be stable and we could get updates when needed. If
> there is no plan to build these packages, why there is no warning on
> the first page? Using a package with a serious bug in which any search
> could stop your server is insane.
>
> There is no maintainer for the repository?

Yes.  The problem with FC6 RPMs is that they have to be manually built,
signed, and distributed, since Koji/Bodhi do not support FC6.  The
Fedora guys had been doing me a favor and signing them with the Fedora
GPG key, but they don't want to do this anymore, and I don't blame
them.  So I have signed these with my personal GPG key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=rmeggins&op=index
Type bits /keyID            Date           User ID
pub  1024D/A7B02652 2008/07/01 Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>

The RPMs are now available.  You will have to import my GPG public key
into your rpm key store in order to be able to use yum to install these
new RPMs.