[Fedora-directory-users] Windows to linux migration [PassSync.msi for 64 bit windows2003 ]

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Thu Jul 3 14:33:31 UTC 2008

lingu wrote:
> * Since i am using 64 bit windows edition but rhds8.0 is running on 32
> bit edition.May be the passSync.msi comes along with 32bit edition
> works only with 32 bit windows or if any 64 bit version of
> PassSync.msi is available.Plz help me this is very urgent for me.
> *
I don't know for sure, but it seems reasonable to assume that the 32-bit
password sync dll won't work
on a 64-bit system. It's a native code DLL, and so unless Microsoft did
something special to support
32-bit password hook DLLs, it won't work.

In theory, you could re-build it 64-bit and it should work.

*
*