[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora DS Installation

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 14:13:42 UTC 2008

Gene Poole wrote:

> I would like to install the latest release of Fedora Directory Server
> onto a specific filesystem.  Does anyone know how this can be done?
>  Is it possible using RPM?
Not using RPM.  The pre-built RPMS available from Fedora and our web
site use a strict FHS layout -
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FHS_Packaging
However, when you run setup, you have a great deal of flexibility about
where to put files/directories - unfortunately, you will have to read
the code in /usr/lib/dirsrv/perl/DSCreate.pm to see what all of those
options are, and you will have to create an install.inf file to specify
all of the customized paths - take a look at the setDefaults() function
in DSCreate.pm