[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora DS Installation

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 15:50:35 UTC 2008

Gene Poole wrote:

> I would like to install the latest release of Fedora Directory Server
> onto a specific filesystem.
Can you describe exactly what you are trying to do?
> Does anyone know how this can be done?  Is it possible using RPM?
Not directly with RPM.  The Fedora DS RPMs we provide are not
relocateable.  They abide by the FHS -
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FHS_Packaging

If you want to build it from source, you can provide a specific prefix
or use the default prefix /opt/fedora-ds.

There may be other ways to achieve what you want to do.  Please provide
more details.