[Fedora-directory-users] Importing LDIF file from AD

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:36:34 UTC 2008

Hi.

We're trying to populate our DS with users from AD. Our plan is to build and
populate the database with entries from AD, and thereafter set up Windows
Sync to maintain the database.

I import the LDIF file using the ldif2db.pl perl script. One issue I've come
across is that the script finishes with "modifcation complete" regardless of
success or failure. How can I get the script to report errors? Or are there
maybe smarter ways of importing LDIF files on the command line?

Furthermore, are there any issues with AD LDIF import I should be aware of`?

Regards,
kenneho