[Fedora-directory-users] notes on building fds in etch and a failed build question

Andrew C. Dingman andrew at dingman.org
Sat Mar 1 21:32:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 15:26 -0700, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Not sure.  Could be debug mode?
>
> Also, where did you get the sun java5 in .deb packages?  Are those
> provided by Debian?

I can't swear to where anyone else gets them, but I use:

        deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib nonfree
        deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib nonfree

in my /etc/apt/sources.list file, and probably will until IcedTea or
OpenJDK makes it into Debian. The contrib and nonfree repositories
aren't officially part of Debian, but contain, respectively, Free
software that depends on non-Free software and non-Free software that is
legally redistributable. Java has been in there since around the time
Sun initially announced that they were going to make it open-source and
changed the terms of their license to make the current versions of Java
distributable.