[Fedora-directory-users] notes on building fds in etch and a failed build question

Tamas Bagyal bagyi at mail.fmkorhaz.hu
Mon Mar 3 17:26:05 UTC 2008

hello Ryan,

you tried this version? i have two fedora-ds 1.0.4 in mmr configuration. i
migrate one of those to 1.1 (builded by your and Rich's instrutctions). but i
have a problem with memory usage of ns-slapd process. initially mem usage is
18.5% but after 2 hours this changed to 23.1% and growed until killed by kernel.
(i think...)

mostly read transactions happen (dns) with a few write (cups).
this is a debian etch, mem size is 512 mbyte (i know this is too low, but this
is a test environment). cache size of slapd is 67108864.

can you give any help?

thanks,

KeeF