[Fedora-directory-users] fedora directory server and ldap authentication for httpd 2.2.x

Marco Strullato marco.strullato at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 16:41:05 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I already have two fedora directory servers set up in multi master replica
and tls used for linux authentication.
Now I have to connect my fds authentication system to the apache web server
(httpd 2.2.x). Web traffic btw browser and httpd server will be encrypted
with mod_ssl.

I added to httpd.conf the following lines

LDAPTrustedGlobalCert CA_BASE64 /etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.pem
LDAPTrustedMode TLS

and I create a .htaccess file with this content:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted Access"
AuthLDAPURL ldap://server/c=it?uid?one TLS
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative On
AuthLDAPEnabled On
AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=Directory Manager"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "password"

Unluckly I can not authenticate and I get
[Mon Mar 17 15:45:33 2008] [error] [client 10.0.1.13] access to /4.4 failed,
reason: verification of user id 'user' not configured

Suggestions?

Tnks

Marco Strullato