[Fedora-directory-users] Re: SELinux policy for Fedora Directory Server 1.1.0

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 14:34:43 UTC 2008

Pär Aronsson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached is a SELinux policy for the Fedora Directory Server 1.1.0.
> It is composed of three parts.
> * dirsrv - directory server and setup programs
> * dirsrv-admin - administration server and setup programs
> * fedora-idm-console - java based console for administration
>
> The policies were developed on a CentOS 5.1 with the following packages:
> fedora-ds-base-1.1.0-3.fc6
> fedora-ds-admin-1.1.1-1.fc6
> fedora-ds-console-1.1.0-5.fc6
> selinux-policy-2.4.6-106.el5_1.3
> kernel-2.6.18-53.1.4.el5
>
> I've succesfully tested the policies in targeted and strict mode.
>
> The dirsrv-admin policy requires that the apache policy module is loaded.
> Also run:
> setsebool -P httpd_enable_cgi on
>
> Comment out the following in /usr/sbin/start-ds-admin (line 63-65):
> if [ -x /usr/sbin/selinuxenabled ] && /usr/sbin/selinuxenabled; then
> 	SELINUX_CMD="runcon -t unconfined_t --"
> fi
>
> I had trouble with the replication plugin so I haven't been able to do any
> testing with replication.
>
> Any comments are welcome.
>
> // Pär Aronsson

Just started looking at this policy
dirsrv.te looks pretty good,  I have never setup a directory server, so
I am guessing on some of this stuff.

You want 	logging_search_logs($1) in
dirsrv_read_setuplog

The fedora-idm-console stuff makes no sense.  Looks like you are trying
to fix bugs in javaplugin policy.

Not sure if you want/need  dirserv-admin policy?  If this is just stuff
to be run in cgi, just extend it.

ALso not sure you need dirsrv_setup_t  Why not leave in admin context?