[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora DS version compatibility

David Bogen david.bogen at icecube.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 20 21:22:16 UTC 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 9:46 PM, Luke Bigum wrote:

> I'm looking to upgrade some Fedora DS 1.02 servers to 1.1. We use a
> master-slave replicated configuration. Before I get too far into it,
> are there any known compatibility issues between 1.1 and 1.02? I was
> planning on updating one of the slaves to 1.1 first, leaving our
> master 1.02 server as it is for the time being. Is this possible or
> would I have to upgrade the master first?

We took a few steps down that same road and were less than pleased
with the results.  Our configuration directory is still running 1.0.2
and a 1.1 slave was unable to register with it despite repeated
attempts and some poking around inside the configuration directory.

So, we ended up with that slave running without being registered with
the configuration directory.

 From where I sit, it looks like an all-or-nothing affair to upgrade
to 1.1.

David