[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and Outlook

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Tue Mar 25 16:45:12 UTC 2008

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Paul Fontenot wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a good howto that’ll allow Outlook to ‘browse’
>> the ldap entries?
>
> Maybe I misunderstood your question:
> AFAIK Outlook can only search for entries by (partial) name / e-mail
> address listing the results like address book entries. There's no
> "LDAP browser" built into Outlook. There are many generic LDAP client
> tools out there which allow "browsing" (using this term in a broad
> sense).
I think Paul is asking about using VLV in FDS with Outlook as the client.
The only answer I have is that I'm not sure if Outlook (not
outlook express) supports VLV. It may well do (thunderbird
does, for example). In fact, this page says that it does:

Here's an old mailing list thread where someone talks about making it
work : http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200207/msg00112.html