[Fedora-directory-users] Glue Entry Thread

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 22:26:26 UTC 2008

James wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I have tried searching for the glue entry in the
> database, and I cant find it:
>
> [soleo at mstrldap01 ~]$ ldapsearch -MMxw xxxxx -D "cn=Directory
> Manager" -b "ou=soleotester,ou=people,dc=soleocommunications,dc=com" -s
> one -h 10.1.5.211
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <ou=soleotester,ou=people,dc=soleocommunications,dc=com> with scope one
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: ALL
> # with manageDSAit critical control
> #
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object
> matchedDN: ou=people,dc=soleocommunications,dc=com
>
> # numResponses: 1
>
> When I first noticed these logs, I did find the original entry present on this
> server (and on the other master) so I deleted this entry from both servers
> (and restarted ns-slapd), but that didnt get rid of the log.
>
> Also, Ive noticed that after a while of having this error printed out, the
> server stops allowing me to bind in.
>
> Am I doing something wrong in my search?  Or, is there something else I can
> try?

Your search is searching for
"ou=soleotester,ou=people,dc=soleocommunications,dc=com", but the glue
entry the server is trying to create is
"uid=soleotester,ou=people,dc=soleocommunications,dc=com".  Try doing
this search instead:

  ldapsearch -b "ou=people,dc=soleocommunications,dc=com" -s one
"uid=soleotester"

-NGK