[Fedora-directory-users] encryption userPassword

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Mar 29 00:45:20 UTC 2008

Ivan Ferreira wrote:

> Using google I found:
>
> The initialization vector is the value to which the MD5 internal variables
> are initially set before beginning the hashing process.

Yes, but you won't have to deal with that when generating values for
attribute 'userPassword' based on password scheme {MD5} with the help of
some MD5 module for your favourite programming language or the md5sum
tool. So my answer might have been unprecise regarding crypto science
but was meant as practical help for the original poster.

Ciao, Michael.