[Fedora-directory-users] SSL/TLS vs SASL in Directory Server solution

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Tue May 13 14:27:53 UTC 2008

Thank you for the quick reply.

We're going for the TLS based solution. However, I'd like a better
understanding of SASL, so let me post these questions:

   - What can SASL be used for besides Kerberos integration? The RHDS
   documentation says that TLS can be used as an authentication mechanism, but
   doesn't provide much details.
   - How can I check if SASL is enabled on my LDAP server (RHDS)?