[Fedora-directory-users] problems with pam ldap ?

Bogdan Cehan bogdan.cehan at mediaimage.ro
Thu May 29 09:40:42 UTC 2008

Let's say i have users : alex , tom , john , joe and bruce
and the computers comp1 , comp2 and comp3

and in my ldap i have the users on ou=People with posixaccount
and three groups named after the computers like :

cn=comp1,ou=Groups ....
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
cn: comp1
ou: groups
uniqueMember: uid=alex,ou=People,dc=pol,dc=mediaimage,dc=ro
uniqueMember: uid=joe,ou=People,dc=pol,dc=mediaimage,dc=ro
uniqueMember: uid=bruce,ou=People,dc=pol,dc=mediaimage,dc=ro

cn=comp2,ou=Groups ....
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
cn: comp3
ou: groups
uniqueMember: uid=alex,ou=People,dc=pol,dc=mediaimage,dc=ro
uniqueMember: uid=tom,ou=People,dc=pol,dc=mediaimage,dc=ro
uniqueMember: uid=bruce,ou=People,dc=pol,dc=mediaimage,dc=ro

cn=comp3,ou=Groups ....
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
cn: comp3
ou: groups
uniqueMember: uid=john,ou=People,dc=pol,dc=mediaimage,dc=ro
uniqueMember: uid=joe,ou=People,dc=pol,dc=mediaimage,dc=ro
uniqueMember: uid=bruce,ou=People,dc=pol,dc=mediaimage,dc=ro

in this schema let's say that i want to be able to "permit " login acces to
the computers only to the people i have in their group