[Fedora-directory-users] fds 1.1+ not setting nsslapd-instancedir on install?

Ryan Braun [ADS] ryan.braun at ec.gc.ca
Wed Sep 10 15:18:13 UTC 2008

Hey guys.  I have some perl replication scripts (fdstool) that I developed on
fds 1.0.4.  On my first attempt to use them on a 1.1+ (in this particular
case 1.1.2),  the changelog object creation bails because the
nsslapd-instancedir attribute in cn=config isn't set.

	##############################
	# find the instance-dir
	##############################
	$msg = $ldap->search (
                          base    => "cn=config",
                          scope   => "base",
                          filter  => "(objectClass=*)",
                         );
	my $instance_dir = $msg->entry(0)->get_value("nsslapd-instancedir");

ends up as null as there isn't anything at said attribute.

Also,

shodan:/home/ryan/fdstools# ldapsearch -x -h yzxXXXX0 -D "cn=Directory
Manager" -W -b "cn=config" "objectclass=*"|grep instancedir
Enter LDAP Password:
nsslapd-instancedir:
shodan:/home/ryan/fdstools# ldapsearch -x -h yzxXXXX0 -D "cn=Directory
Manager" -W -b "cn=config" "objectclass=*"|grep nsslapd-ldifdir
Enter LDAP Password:
nsslapd-ldifdir: /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-yzxdmns0/ldif

For now I'm useing nsslapd-ldifdir and just ~ s/\/ldif// to cut off the ldir
directory,  but am just confirming this behavior is intended.  FWIW I built
the packages myself,  so it could very well be my own fault :P

Ryan