[Fedora-directory-users] fds 1.1+ not setting nsslapd-instancedir on install?

Ryan Braun [ADS] ryan.braun at ec.gc.ca
Thu Sep 11 15:57:17 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 17:30, Rich Megginson wrote:

> >> Well, it depends - what were you using nsslapd-instancedir for?  There
> >> are several other attributes you could use now, depending on what you're
> >> trying to do.
> >
> > I was using nsslapd-instancedir to as the ref point on where to put the
> > changelog db files.  Which by default in the console (1.1+)
> > is /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/changelog.
>
> If you want the changelog directory, use nsslapd-directory, and see
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/cli/8.0/Configuration_Command
>_File_Reference-Plug_in_Implemented_Server_Functionality_Reference-Database_
>Plug_in_Attributes.html#Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Database_Attrib
>utes_under_cnconfig_cnldbm_database_cnplugins_cnconfig-nsslapd_directory
>
> when you grab that attribute, just replace /db$ with /cldb to construct
> the changelog directory.

Roger that,  got it working with

	##############################
	# find the instance-dir
	##############################
	$msg = $ldap->search (
                          base    => "cn=config, cn=ldbm database, cn=plugins, cn=config",
			  scope   => "sub",
                          filter  => "(objectClass=*)",
                         );

	my $instance_dir = $msg->entry(0)->get_value("nsslapd-directory");
	if (!defined($instance_dir)) {
		print "Unable to determine the instancedir,  pretty big issue,  puking\n";
		exit 1;
	}
	$instance_dir =~ s/\/db//;

Thanks Rich.